The vision of The Spectrum Alliance is to collectively work towards the widespread recognition of Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Asperger Syndrome and ADD/ADHD and their commonality in order to increase understanding of those affected by the conditions.
To work together and to share and distribute information as an Alliance in supporting individuals and families affected by Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Asperger Syndrome and Add/ADHD.
The values the Alliance will adhere to will include the following;
- Respect for all those affected by the spectrum conditions and valuing their lived experiences.
- Cooperation and information sharing.
- Transparency and accountability
- Promote evidence based assessments and interventions.
- Advocate research on these conditions
- Advocate for the rights of people affected by the Spectrum
- Raise awareness of the co-occurring nature of the Spectrum conditions.
- Develop the capacity of the Spectrum Alliance to achieve its mission.
Strategic Priority 1
Advocate for the rights of people affected by the Spectrum conditions.
- Ensure regular contact with members and support groups to identify needs.
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders including Government departments, statutory agencies, parent groups, educational and health organisations.
- Collaborate with other disability groups.
- Campaign and lobby public representatives and political parties.
Strategic Priority 2
Raise awareness of the co-occurring nature of the Spectrum conditions
- Cooperate in information sharing on issues, case studies and hosting & attending events.
- Make use of web based activities and the use of social media.
- Utilise national and local media to help raise awareness.
- Host events jointly to inform about co-occurring conditions.
Strategic Priority 3
Develop the capacity of the Spectrum Alliance to achieve its mission, to include:
- Communications and Branding
IMPLEMENTATION AND EVALUATION:
The Spectrum Alliance will implement its strategic plan activities and evaluate and review progress on an annual basis.