HADD’s mission is to make life better for people affected by ADHD.
We are an organisation in Ireland made up of volunteers- parents of children with ADHD, individuals with ADHD and professionals. We are dedicated to providing as much up-to-date information, resources and networking opportunities to individuals with ADHD, parents of children with ADHD and the professionals who serve them.
We provide support and advice through our phone-line and emails; send out information, produce publications; organise information sessions; run Solution Focussed Brief Therapy courses for young people, run parenting courses; work to raise awareness of the condition and contribute to research.
HADD’s vision is a society in which:
- ADHD is recognised as a genetic condition caused by a different balance of chemicals in the brain, affecting children and adults throughout their life.
- ADHD is recognised as a condition which requires timely diagnosis leading to an integrated package of treatments and supports designed to meet the needs of the individual, coordinated by a medical professional who builds up rapport and trust over time.
- Where there is information and support for people with ADHD and their families.Where there is awareness and understanding among educators, employers and institutions so that school, work and institutional environments are adapted to meet the needs of the individual.
- Where there is acceptance that ADHD is a difference with many positive aspects.
- Where all professionals and organisations involved work together to make life better for people with ADHD.
To find out more, please visit www.hadd.ie or call 01 874349