The mission of Dyspraxia DCD Ireland is to be the Irish Centre of Excellence, welcoming and positive, providing expert knowledge, offering support and promoting awareness of Dyspraxia/DCD to all aspects of Irish society. Formed in 1995 by parents of children with Dyspraxia/DCD, the organisation aims to:
- Raise awareness of Dyspraxia/DCD in Ireland and create a better understanding of the difficulties people with Dyspraxia/DCD and their families face.
- Ensure adequate resources are available to support the needs of people with Dyspraxia/DCD. This includes occupational therapy, speech therapy, physiotherapy, psychological support and education.
- Provide an information and sharing and support network for people with Dyspraxia/DCD and their families.
- Improve diagnostic services.
- Organise meetings for people with Dyspraxia/DCD and their families.
- Provide a link to professionals, for people with Dyspraxia/DCD and their families.
To find out more, please visit http://www.dyspraxia.ie or call 01 874 7085